The Heritage Crafts Association is inviting craft practitioners and organisations in the UK to apply for small grants to fund projects that support and promote endangered crafts (the craft must be listed as endangered or critically endangered on the current Red List of Endangered Crafts).
There is a maximum of £2,000 available for each project and we will work with you to develop and support your work.
For example, this may include:
- training for yourself to learn a new craft or technique;
- training for an apprentice so that you can pass on skills and knowledge;
- specialist equipment that will enable you to practice a craft or add a new product to your business;
- materials and equipment to start running workshops; or
- innovative approaches to supporting and promoting endangered crafts.
In addition to the funding you will also receive support from the Endangered Crafts Officer and the Heritage Crafts Association team to ensure that your project is a success. This will be unique to your project but it could include mentor support, business support or signposting to other opportunities.