“I am a passionate believer in our traditional crafts and proud to be a patron of the Heritage Crafts Association, which seeks to give a forum to some of the most highly skilled craftsmen and women in the world.
“It is essential that we cherish our crafts and the Association actively campaigns not only to promote and protect them, but, most important of all, to encourage young people to contemplate a career in crafts.
“The Association recently commissioned a survey which revealed how many of our traditional crafts are in danger of becoming extinct – and indeed some have already ceased to exist.
“The Heritage Crafts Association depends very much on an exceptionally dedicated team of volunteer trustees who receive very little in the way of financial support and assistance. We need those who care about these things to support them in every way, and that includes financially.
“Please consider very carefully becoming a Benefactor so we can keep you regularly informed of the work of the Association and give you the opportunity of enjoying more fully the heritage crafts and skills you love by making a tangible contribution to their survival.”
The Lord Cormack DL FSA
Patron of the Heritage Crafts Association
Become a Benefactor of the Heritage Crafts Association
For £1,000 per annum you will receive:
- a welcome gift of Ernest Wright handmade scissors;
- a visit to a maker’s workshop or open house at a craft venue;
- two free tickets to the Heritage Crafts Association Annual Conference;
- acknowledgement in the Heritage Crafts Association’s Annual Review and on the Heritage Crafts Association website;
- membership of the Heritage Crafts Association.
We like to develop longstanding relationships with our Benefactors and hope they will wish to support us in the long term.
Our Benefactors are pivotal to the future of heritage crafts
Your financial contribution will help us to:
- raise awareness of the challenges facing heritage crafts;
- make awards and bursaries which recognise excellence and provide funding for training and support for emerging craft talent;
- support the heritage crafts community so that traditional crafts continue into the future;
- record endangered craft skills and make them available in print and online;
- advocate for traditional crafts to government and key organisations;
- increase the profile of heritage crafts across the UK and raise awareness of the world-class crafts produced here;
- highlight the cultural value of heritage crafts and their national importance;
- inform and inspire young people to consider a career in craft;
- provide teaching materials for non-specialists so that crafts can be taught in the classroom.
To find out more about becoming a Heritage Crafts Association Benefactor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to to set up a recurring annual Benefactors Direct Debit payment, please click the button below (or click here if you would prefer to make a one-off payment). Other payment methods such as cheque and bank transfer are available on request.
Please note that benefactors’ benefits comprise a value which reflects the actual cost of providing those benefits to the charity. These benefits can be purchased separately at this price. Any amounts given over and above the benefits value are given freely as a donation and are eligible for Gift Aid. The value of benefits for Benefactors is £110.